1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

skypper antenna

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by barefootindian, Jul 26, 2012.

1. barefootindian

barefootindian Supporting Member

Has anybody bought a skypper antenna from a guy in Italy called Alex and if so What was the wait time for arrival of the antenna from him.Thanks in advance.

2. Robb

Robb Yup

I sent him an email and never got a reply back.

You can build one yourself; the dimensions are easy enough to figure out.

3. 2rf66

2rf66 Member

He emailed me right back when I inquired about one a while back. The shipping to the States was going to be a killer though. I built one and it has been great.

4. Robb

Robb Yup

5. Zman

Zman K9FON

6. dxerdave

dxerdave Active Member

I just got mine this week.
    He created a high powered version for me with bigger wires all around.

He kept me informed of the progress of it.

When it was finished and on the way to me he sent photos of it all set up and tested with an MFJ analyzer.

It took about 10 days to get only because of the horrendous snow storm in CT.
    It was about a 2 month wait as it is a side hobby type business for him.

I purchased the portable version for my mobile station as I live in a condo.

I will be able to test it out next weekend.

Looks great and extra parts were sent.

7. ghutch

ghutch Active Member

Just built one....have not had time to really use it...was planning on today at the beach but we have 30 mph winds:thumbdown:
    Did some driveway testing last week at 10 ft high....they do work! Rejection is good and the front side has gain.....not sure yet of the front patten but it appears to be very wide on the front side. Signals coming into the rear are attenuated almost to zero. I'm really looking forward to a day I can get it out to the beach at the waterline and get it up about 20 feet?
    Google site called. An-ten-ten-as has some good info as well as Henry's info and site. Henry gave us the build info on my post about skypper s....last week ...if the wind lowers I will test mine during the weekend or Monday.

8. dxerdave

dxerdave Active Member

Oh nice one..
    Please post your experience with it when you get it out there.

9. ghutch

ghutch Active Member

Work well....rear rejection is great....front end is wide but works well. Got it about 18 feet high at the beach. I was able check it out Sunday. You'll like the rejection as it controls some qrm off the back side.

10. dxerdave

dxerdave Active Member

I'm going to try it this week end but I don't know which is the driven director and which is the reflector.