• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Slowly getting my cb base put together

AmericanEagle575

Supporting Sr. Member WDX-1863
Feb 17, 2016
Bellefonte,Pennsylvania
Good morning Radio Friends, well iam getting closer to getting my shack put together in my bedroom, i will be using a Ranger 2950 Dx3 with a used radio shack 25 amp switching power supply i got off ebay thats on its way in the mail. For the antenna i bought a 11 meter dipole antenna with a 1.1 balan from Freq devices also off ebay,ill be mounting that on my wall by the window for right now. I still have to get the coax ordered,probley will go with Rg 8 mini and keep it under 50 feet as i was always told keep the coax run as short as possible. I have a desk iam going to put this all on,along with 2 police scanners,a Xm satillite radio and other stuff.I will post some pics once i get everything where i want it and working,thanks and God Bless!! Feel free to comment with any suggestions!

How would i check it?? I assume you mean using a muti volt meter........
Yes, I would take one headlight and connect it to the output of the power supply and read the voltage. With a 55 watt head light it should not sag below 13.5 volts.
Also then take the meter and change the setting to AC volts and take a reading. There should not be any AC volts present.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Yes, I would take one headlight and connect it to the output of the power supply and read the voltage. With a 55 watt head light it should not sag below 13.5 volts.
Also then take the meter and change the setting to AC volts and take a reading. There should not be any AC volts present.
Iam not powering headlights,lol iam powering a radio,but get what yu are saying,thank you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.