• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radios Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

secret squirrel

Lustrous Potentate
Oct 5, 2008
Washington, PA
Has anyone ever had any work done by Tim at Snake Radios
Inc? He has big YouTube production site where he posts videos of his work. He appeared to be out of business for a year and is now back in operation. His base package is a fully capacitor upgrade for older Cobra and Uniden.

i hope he gets good comments here , his prices seem to be fair to very very good ! he also does "THE MOD" for extra channels .

re

he fixed my ar300 that i bought on this site.
that did not work. is was supposed to work.
but when i got it here it had no modulation.
i sent him the radio it works great. and cheap.
so i have nothing bad to say about the man. if i had another broken radio.
i would not hesitate to send it to him. he does good work.
so booty stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

i have better stuff to smoke (y)
but thanks for the suggestion :love:

Thanks Booty,

That thread was some very interesting reading. I lost track of how much money I have wasted on having radios setup by one tech and the having them retuned correctly by someone who knows what they are doing. I just got back from a trip to DTB Radio on Tuesday. I had Dave repair 3 radios for me that had all been tuned by reputable local guys. One radio, which was my daily used had a clipped limited, all was throwing way too much harmonics. Another had the AMC adjusted wrong. The third was not on frequency on the higher channels. Dave detected all of this in him routine peak and tune. I was curious how many guys had work done by Tim and if the customer was satisfied. I have to be honest here when I say the radio that with the clipped limiter had always gotten, "Loud and proud," reports. I did not ran the mic gain at 3 o'clock with a NC mic. Tim did a radio for me back when he first started, He recapped a Uniden 520 to improve noise filtering. I ran it with a shorted coax end at the antenna for a day and toasted the final. He did build the radio that I asked him to build.

I do not want to restart the how to tune a radio debate. I totally agree with the analyze the output on a o-scope. I just paid DTB to repair 3 radios that were not tuned with a scope.

I do not want to start the AMC, mod limiter debate. I prefer the limiter in my radios. Talking on 18, 19, 20 at the same time is in poor taste. I just ran a radio for a year without a limiter, while paying attention to the mic gain, a received only good reports.

Everyone is great source of information. You gentleman have save me lots of money, I may have wasted on mods.

I am curious to read about Snake Radios satisfied customers as of late.

your such a tard.

Have you looked in the mirror lately? :laugh:

If you would take a few minutes and go start at the top of this thread and read Booty's post very carefully and slowly, you will see that he was hoping Tim came out well.

His second post was pointing out that someone else had already shot Tim down.

Booty did not say anything bad about Tim.

Booty had no posts in the closed thread.

I did have some comments in the closed thread about poor workmanship so jump my ass, not Booty's.

You seem to be attempting to stir the pot up in my opinion.

YEA !!!! WHAT HE SAID ^^^^^

i'm just a innocent bystander :D

rofl

you know what they say about opinions. anyway
sorry booty i should have read the post better.

Hey joe

Hey joe i do remember your 510 xl and you said it died and you were going to send it to me but you never got back with me. I did take a 6 month break not a year of to get rid of some personal bagage and demons but i am back now and going strong. I have done over 500 148 radio`s now an have a lot of very happy customers as my tetimonials on my website prove, so contact me please if you want a 148 done. I have several good mods for them no bs mods just good ones. Tim

www.snakeradiosinc.com

Thank you for the reply Tim. Glad to see business is doing well. I had the 520 repaired by a local guy. It was damaged by the SWR from a coax short like I concluded. 20.00 fix. I really like the custom meter lighting and modulation on the TX/RX light mod you are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.