• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

So my LHS gave me repeater numbers for my area (Yaesu VX-8DR - help)

JohnnyScience

Jun 10, 2011
Ok so I spoke with a guy the other day & he gave me this info (I live in the cleveland area)

He said these are some of the major repeaters in my area. So what are these numbers exactly & how/where do I enter them in my Yaesu VX-8DR?

146.76, .85, 88

2m

Thanks.

They are the repeater input frequencies and CTCSS access tones. I HAVE to ask this, but do you have a license yet and if so why is it that you do not know what these numbers mean? Nothing personal,it's not necessarily your fault, but if you do have a license this is further proof that the current system of licensing is NOT working. As for entering them RTFM.

There should be some YouTube vids that show how to enter frequencies. With the newer HT'S, I can usually figure them out rather quickly by reading the manual. I just forget how after a few days. I usually just have 3-4 memory channels programmed anyways.

I live in the Cleveland area, and there are several other frequencies available also. You can find them all using Google search. Before I got my ham ticket I bought an HT and I listened in on the repeaters while I studied the books. I hope you're studying to get into the hobby, it can be great fun once you have a license.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.