• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Solarcon MAX OPTIMZER The Ultimate 10-11 Meter Base Antenna

Here is my A99 with and without radials.

The model with radials also shows all currents listed by the number of segments for each wire in the antenna. Here we see the low current distributed I was talking about above.

DB, I agree with you the radial GPK does generate more gain.

I made the antenna with the GPK first and tuned it with a transformer. The A99 does not match this way but I figure they probably works very similar.

Attachments

• A99 Eznec models with and without the GPK.pdf
    582.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Brother DXer
I just watched the first video that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

this one:

i found it to be quite informative and i think it would be a good discussion starter if one of our resident antenna experts could watch it and give their notes.
the author of the video specifically requests this as well.
LC

found it to be quite informative and i think it would be a good discussion starter if one of our resident antenna experts could watch it and give their notes.
the author of the video specifically requests this as well.

If you go to youtube itself to watch this video, I put in a rather lengthy description of what was happening with the various parts, and how they were working together.

The DB

My 2015 imax would only tune on 10m. It was AT BEST a 1.5 or worse on cb. I ordered the optimizer piece and installed it and I dropped my swrs down to a 1.2 or less. I'm

Reactions: Marconi and S&W357
My 2015 imax would only tune on 10m. It was AT BEST a 1.5 or worse on cb. I ordered the optimizer piece and installed it and I dropped my swrs down to a 1.2 or less. I'm
Where did you find one? I cannot find ANYPLACE that has one in stock to buy?
If you or anyone knows where they are in stock please let me know.
Thank you

They arent called max2000 anymore is probably your trouble. Look for Solarcon Maxoptimizer. (Copper seems to have them in stock) if you are searching for the missing section as a standalone, give up. Buy these and get on with life.

The Hillman Group 4375 3/8-24 Coupling Nut Fine Thread (5-Pack) , Zinc Amazon product ASIN B00IAVIZ1W
Screenshot_20231205_222247_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexis Mercado
I got a 2015 model I had issues with on cb. It was at best a 1.5. So I ordered the optimizer and it brought my SWR down to a 1.2 on ch 20.
All this I need a flat swr stuff is really nonsense. 1.5 is perfect. 1.5 to 1.2 will make absolutely no difference to you or the person hearing you. Only difference is the swr meter you are looking at gives you a warm cuddly feeling.

All this I need a flat swr stuff is really nonsense. 1.5 is perfect. 1.5 to 1.2 will make absolutely no difference to you or the person hearing you. Only difference is the swr meter you are looking at gives you a warm cuddly feeling.

That's exactly it. For me, I think it's the OCD kicking in. If that needle moves I'm gonna find out why!! LOL

Reactions: Smokinone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated