• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

{Solved} SSB Radio on frequency when upside down, but drifts again when right side up. :)

doffo

Oct 14, 2012
Got a Cobra 146 GTL that works great, but the thing will drift off once you have it set right side up... But since I adjusted it with the radio upside down, it will stay on frequency and not drift off... Flip it back over, its off lol. Even with the covers on, you can flip it either side and it changes. It takes it a moment as if the crystal itself "settles" due to gravity? I suppose I can overcome this if I adjust the TX while it is right side up and call it a day.

Have the channels been expanded?
I have seen channel mods with long wires that shift frequency just by the wires moving due to stray capacitance.
If you flex the board in the radio while in TX does it change?

Jeff
It is just a stock radio. No channel mods done. I will give that a try and push on the board some to see if it changes.

Have the channels been expanded?
I have seen channel mods with long wires that shift frequency just by the wires moving due to stray capacitance.
If you flex the board in the radio while in TX does it change?

Jeff
I tried to gently push on the board with a plastic, but no changes... The radio has been on for awhile now, and the thing is ok. Doesnt change when I flip it right side up. I suppose next time I better leave a radio on for a good 2 hours to be sure.

Reactions: walterjn

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.