• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

some Meter Backlighting i did

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
you can fined the lights at any auto parts sore or E-bay..

they work good (y) even the pics don't do them justice

Reactions: 1 person

Yep, the 5050s. I couldn't remember that they're cut every 3. The 3528s are every 9.
the numbers have to do with the chip size. The 5050's are the larger, brighter LEDs.

I just bought a 5 meter strip of these for under my kitchen cupboards, I might have to cut off a few sections for my bases.

did you use a section per meter, or are you illuminating both meters with 3 LEDs?

did you use a section per meter, or are you illuminating both meters with 3 LEDs?

I have 2 section per meter 3 LED's per meter

I am going to redo the push buttons lights with white cant even see the yellow and I am not a fan of blue

You wont be able to use those kind of led strips for the buttons, they get yellowish from age and/or smoking cigs in the house. Off the top of my head there's 6-8 3mm's in there then a couple 5mm in the display, some models they need to be heavily modded for color change. Do alot of research (eb*y has new buttons)

You wont be able to use those kind of led strips for the buttons, they get yellowish from age and/or smoking cigs in the house. Off the top of my head there's 6-8 3mm's in there then a couple 5mm in the display, some models they need to be heavily modded for color change. Do alot of research (eb*y has new buttons)

yes I know you need 3mm through hole leds

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.