• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Some stations I've tuned in Recently

Grunddiigg

Oct 6, 2022
N of Denver
10/18/2022:

I'm over in Colorado. The signals are coming in pretty good tonight. From about 0230 UTC to 0300 UTC I listened to the following stations.

Radio: Tecsun PL-880 using just the whip antenna outside with headphones at my picnic table.

PXL_20221019_154348001.jpg

The first one is a doozy.

1. 6,100khz loud and clear and it sounds like I'm hearing Korean along with some interesting music. I'm pretty sure it's Pyongyang, North Korea. It could be Japan but I went and listened to examples of Japanese and Korean and it definitely sounds Korean. I still wouldn't rule out NHK World Japan at 6,105KHZ (their antenna azimuth is not very favorable to my position) but I'm about 80% sure it's North Korea (I was a bit shocked). Their antenna doesn't show a direction on the frequency schedule I'm looking at though.

2. 5,085khz WTWW out of Lebanon, TN playing some good music nice and clear.

3. 6,165khz Radio Havana, Cuba - Loud and clear as expected sounds like they have some town still completely blacked out and are without food and water from the hurricane a while back along with their propaganda.

Hope everybody is well. Cheers!

Last edited:

10/19/2022

Radio used: Tecsun S-8800 (I freaking love this radio by the way pulled in 27 stations this morning using just ATS I've put the few that were interesting to me below)
PXL_20221019_152755051.jpg

Listened between 1448 and 1530 UTC this morning here in Colorado.

Stations:

Station khzStation NameLanguageCountry
7,300Not sure not on broacast scheduleSpanish?
13640China Radio InternationalEnglishChina
12050WEWN 3SpanishUS
13710R. SaudiArabic?Saudi Arabia
11930R. MartiSpanishUS

7,300khz - Definitely Spanish but I couldn't find anything on broadcast schedules for the time period.

13,640khz - Loud and clear I think it's a 500kw station.

12,050khz - Loud and clear in Spanish.

13710khz - This one caught me off guard definitely Arabic and that style of music was playing the music was very interesting.

11,930khz - Loud and clear in Spanish.

Cheers and Happy Listening to all!

10/19/2022

Radio used: Tecsun S-8800 (I freaking love this radio by the way pulled in 27 stations this morning using just ATS I've put the few that were interesting to me below)
View attachment 60963

Listened between 1448 and 1530 UTC this morning here in Colorado.

Stations:

Station khzStation NameLanguageCountry
7,300Not sure not on broacast scheduleSpanish?
13640China Radio InternationalEnglishChina
12050WEWN 3SpanishUS
13710R. SaudiArabic?Saudi Arabia
11930R. MartiSpanishUS

7,300khz - Definitely Spanish but I couldn't find anything on broadcast schedules for the time period.

13,640khz - Loud and clear I think it's a 500kw station.

12,050khz - Loud and clear in Spanish.

13710khz - This one caught me off guard definitely Arabic and that style of music was playing the music was very interesting.

11,930khz - Loud and clear in Spanish.

Cheers and Happy Listening to all!
Sounds as though it can wash and dry dishes also, but how about CB and Ham?

• Haha
Reactions: Grunddiigg
Sounds as though it can wash and dry dishes also, but how about CB and Ham?
It does have SSB I just haven't dialed in any LSB/USB ham conversations yet on it. I've only had it about a week this is it's third time out. I'll give it a whirl and report back (maybe tonight).

Using my Tecsun PL-880 in bed for a few minutes with my headphones on so I don't disturb the wife.

Tonight October 21st listened to 5,085hz wtww out of Tennessee had some good music playing.

Also caught a couple of hams talking on lsb about the solar weather and their ham radio models. One guy was talking about how he never gets auroras down in to California and the last one he actually saw was in the mid 80's and the sky turned red (aurora red) from extreme solar activity. I got the call sign of one very clear but didn't write it down.

This was all around UTC 0530 - 0550 (Oct 22).

Keep on listening!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.