• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Something New!

Hurricane145

Aug 12, 2011
No...Not the Beatles album.:D
A RADIO! Pretty spiffy. I don't want one but maybe YOU do!!
ELECRAFT_K4_seitlich.jpg

K4_Rear-Panel.jpg

Brochure is here;
https://www.lutz-electronics.ch/pdf/K4_Brochure-print_Lutz.pdf

According to the brochure, a kit version is coming soon! Builders will learn about advanced radio technology. :)
Not sure I'm up to that. I have trouble remembering to switch between Antenna 1 and Antenna 2. o_O

Reactions: Hurricane145
I wouldn't want to put together a kit fir a radio that costs as much as this will. Probably won't be worth the savings in kit form.
Too many things that can go wrong in putting it together. It's not like a K2 or even a K3. A lot more sensitive components I am sure in a K4. I would hate to button it up and find a problem that I had to send it back to them to fix.
It's like building computers. A desktop is one thing but trying to build a laptop from a kit is another! Too many tight spaces, fragile parts and ribbon cables, super tiny screws, etc.
I have had a couple apart to repair and there must be a million super tiny screws in there!
Drop a small screwdriver in there and knock a surface mount component loose would be my luck!

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.