• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Something to work on , for the experts

If I disconnect the antenna system the noise isn't present. Yes I have some DC type noise but the noise switch on the radio takes care of most of it.

I do believe I have RFI being picked up by the antenna system.

All the Acert Cat motors are showing this RFI. At least the handful of the ones in our fleet.

And yes I don't run the 4 pill anymore, already the Stryker talks further than I can hear.

Noise through the antenna can be a real pain... especially on alot of the new car/trucks/vehicle... we have had a bunch of problems from rfi in everything from new trucks to vans to small handicap acess buses. Usually if the rfi is really bad there is no choice but to track the problem down.
If this is a cb, and you don't use squelch and just want to lower the noise...... dsp's are good.

If you want to take the time to track down where the noise is coming from, you will have a better idea of how to remidy the problem.

Rat Shack sold a smaller DSP that some guys in this area use with good results......its not too expensive either.

Thanks for the info Dave, i may have to break that down ( thanks for typing slow , I am a slow reader ) & for a ROOK like me the part #'s are very helpful. I'll try the noise filter in future installs. Hey I may go ahead & build a few to use in the future !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1