• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Soundtracker questions

Trainwreck

Aug 4, 2012
Ok......I dont understand the point or use for the feature. But my question is if the radio has been truned up will this feature cause the radio to " over-modulate " and is this feature any benefit to the audio quality to a receiving radio that is not equipped with this feature?

Its a joke. I disconnected it in my Cobra 29. It serves no purpose. Its just a gimmick to get people to buy crappy Cobra radios.........

The whole soundcrapper thing was a failure. In theory it did work....but.....it only works when both radio's are soundcrapper equipped. I was never impressed and always thought the receive was kinda funky when turned on. You can just leave it off or do like Zman said and have it removed or disconnected.

A sound tracker is a fancy name for a compressor circuit. It works in both TX and RX mode. You can mod it by shutting it off in TX mode:
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/service_bulletins/graphics/tsb_10012.pdf

But the whole point is that a compressor is not only a fair idea, it is an excellent one. You just need to know how to work with it. Of course, if you removed the AM limiter and running an amp - then it will probably give some squeal. But this is more the fault of the operator improperly setting up his gear more than anything else . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.