• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Space Suit VHF transmitter

I have been following the SuitSat story for about a week know. I am hoping to catch it as it comes over. They say it has enough power to last about 6 weeks. Will let you know if I catch it. CDX126, KI4MSJ

Unfortunately the batteries froze.Speculation by NASA anyway!
It stopped transmitting after a few hours in orbit.Bummer;and I was even awake for it's pass-over at my QTH.Oh well,next time?
Slim :D

I had the rig all set to pick up that SSTV, too. I was wondering what happened. Oh well....

Hamer, just because YOU can't operate a radio for 10 minutes without breaking it doesn't mean we all have the same problem.. :)

Hit that link above:

SUITSAT LIVES! Ham radio operators are again detecting faint signals from SuitSat--a disembodied spacesuit thrown overboard from the International Space Station on Feb. 3rd. SuitSat's transmissions are much weaker than expected. If you wish to listen, you'll need a ham radio tuned to 145.990 MHz and a high-gain antenna to receive the signals. Simple police scanners will not suffice: observing tips.

and I could of sworn I got a weak signal just as this bugger crossed over my QTH--just a weak and very brief set of carriers.

Unless some unruely operators are playing games...I got a signal from something though.

Is there any other authoritive word on this experiment that is more up to date? I can read all the reports on suitsat.org, was just looking for some more commentary.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.