• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

spacing ?

blackjack

Apr 26, 2005
il
ok here it goes. i know that that 2 antennas have to be 6 feet apart. but the problem i have is that the back antenna is almost to the back of my tailgate. i have like 5 inches left before the end of the camper. is this a problem. i was told you needed so many inches from the edge of the camper. someone help me out. my tech is out of town so i can't get a hiold of him. thanks for any replies.

i might be wrong but here goes. the 6 foot spacing is for when you have one hot and one reflect or "bounceback set up.

9 feet for co-phased.

being a little short on the 6 foot spacing should be ok not sure how that will effect the system or angle of radiation.

im sure someone on here knows.

but if its a problem you could allways make some type of stand off mount that will stick the antenna out a foot or so to get it right at 6 feet.

you could probly modify one of those bumper stand off mounts to work on your camper top.

the thing is i have the 6 foot spacing i was just asking if it was ok for it to be that far back on the camper shell. i have like 5 inches from the base of the mount to the edge of the camper. i think i failed to ask this correctly. hope this helps. thanks fl

hey black im in the same situation you are. I would like to add another antenna to my truck. Right on the tailgate. Its a long bed so i should have enough clearing for the 6 foot spacing. Let me know how yours turns out so i can start mine! Later CDX197

The rear antenna can be as close to the back of the camper as you want it to be.

thanks peakaboo. just wanted to clear it up i have a short bed truck 58" long that is and i have the 6 foot spacing just wanted to make sure it could be done with it being that close to the edge. thanks. and 197 i will let youknow what it does and i will post pics for sure

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.