• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sparky built 100 watt cobra 25.

(Ask him, he'll say the same thing if he's honest about it.) I doubt that very much.Seeing as bob is well aware of what AVG power actually means and how it is measured.

There is no such thing as RMS power.

For Amplitude Modulated signals at 100% modulation:

PEP is 2.66 times AVG 100% modulated power or 4 times unmodulated carrier power.

therefore a signal of 1000w PEP would be equivalent to a 250w AVG power unmodulated carrier or a 375 watt AVG 100% modulated signal.

A huge difference between either modulated or unmodulated AVG power and your 700w AVG/RMS power.

to quote yourself:
"If you don't know what those numbers mean, you really aren't saying anything important or significant at all."
Oh snap! that's a big gator.

Last edited:
your better off buying a radio thats factory made to do this wattage RCI 2970 GALAXY 95T these types of radios are true power and your getting so much more ontop of the power like SSB FM and all the band coverage which nobody had to nip n tuck clip and cut to get.

"Oh snap! that's a big gator."

Yes it is, isn't it? I think I should be able to get at least one pair of shoes and maybe a hand bag out of that one. :) Too bad I don't need a pair of shoes. The hand bag does sound nice though. I'd suggest that you read exactly what I said, and not any more than what I said, when you make assumptions about what you think i said. Enough said?
- 'Doc

Assuming there are any 'gators' in the UK, other than the zoo? ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.