• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Special thanks to Marconi!!

Thanks to Marconi helping endlessly trying to help set up my Star Duster antenna for me. I have just hooked up my radio in the basement "waiting for another 10' coax to get to the radio room" and checked my SWR on the 148 meter and a external meter and it is not just good it is spectacular! It is lower than 1.1 it just reads absolute 1. and also thanks to Hot Rod! Again thanks so much for the great advice and time spent it worked out wonderful.

Last edited:

Thanks to Marconi helping endlessly trying to help set up my Star Duster antenna for me. I have just hooked up my radio in the basement "waiting for another 10' coax to get to the radio room" and checked my SWR on the 148 meter and a external meter and it is not just good it is spectacular! It is lower than 1.1 it just reads absolute 1. and also thanks to Hot Rod! Again thanks so much for the great advice and time spent it worked out wonderful.

Remember however 0630, the match sounds great, but in reality the match don't mean much to performance in many cases. Now it is up to you to determine if that little bugger works great like I know it can, even though very few believe much I say.

I know one guys that believes me in this case, and that is Jazzsinger in England. We at least agree on this one thing if nothing else. I miss that old man, I hope he is alright.

I've been praying for him for a long time. (y)

Well I have nothing to compare it too as I have never before had a radio in this house. I moved here just several months ago although I only moved about 3/4 of a mile from where I used to be, but this is the Catskill mountains and the terrain around here changes dramatically very quick. And also I never used this Star Duster before. I don't understand why many people do not agree with you? I went with exactly what you said and everything worked out better than I hoped for! Now I am 10ft. short to getting into the radio room and since the expensive LM-400 worked out so well I ordered LM-400 jumper and a very well made barrel connector. I am not really much of a skip talker but maybe soon I will try to get a hold of you on the air. When it comes to skip in general when I can hear them I can get back to them especially when I put 300 watts into it I think the elevation here makes it easy to talk skip.

hope it all works great 4 ya. when i got started in the 90s 2 locals
had dusters and they told me to get one but i went with a a-99
and they could almost always hear better than me .and talk as good
as me. these guys were around in the 70s and used these for several years
now i wish i would,ve listened to them..lol

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.