• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

spring under a 10k or monkey made antenna

B

BOOTY MONSTER

will and/or how much will putting a spring under those type antennas affect performance and swr ? im looking to protect it incase i missjudge the height of a tree limb ? also......will a spring make them swing in the wind while driving like a 102 whip?

I have springs on both of my predator 10K antennas, so that when going in parking garages I can fold them over....
they would layback when driving down the road but I have guyed them in place....using nylon zip ties and rubber bungee cords....
they are both mounted on vans at the back left hand corner, about 8-10 inches down from the top of the van ....one single coil and one double coil both with 17" shafts.....
and work great
later
sam
missouri 69

Reactions: Marconi
they make some pretty tough springs out there , IM not up on the 10Ks , but I've heard guys say that they are very light antenna's ? even though I have asked numourus times how much a single coiled 10K weighed and never have gotten an answer to this day ? other then someone saying they weighed less then a Wilson 1000's load and stinger which I've found hard to believe. A Wilson 5000 load and stinger weighs 15 oz's total.

if that's the case ? I would like the weight of a single coiled 10K with it's shaft. A postal scale would be close enough. IM sure if the 5000 load/stinger is 15oz the 1000s would be a few oz's less then that.

jim, I will see what I can do. Its unbelievably light. I was skeptical at 1st on the weight until I got one. When I got mine in the mail, it came in a cardboard tube and it felt like nothing was in there.

This is another very old post but, I have an old 1960's barrel spring under my Predator 10K. It's stiff enough the antenna doesn't bend backwards at highway speeds but, I am concerned about accidently hitting a low tree limb. And, the antenna tuned extremely well with the spring.
Mounted on top drivers side bedrail about 8 or 9 inches behind the cab.

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated