• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SPT 500 New Version Assembly

skippersam

Sep 20, 2023
Hi, I have a new version of the Hygain SPT 500. Doing the assembly i have read several different post and numbers regarding the assembly for the CB band. Horizontal radials of 105" in the instructions. In posts i have Seen 102" & 103". Does anyone know the measurements from the original antenna or what length should be used for this new antenna, Confused, asking for help!

I set mine at the 105" and I ended up with a good SWR of coarse some like to try to polish an tune everything. Let the tinker beware ! LOL

I had one of the new ones, and I set the radials at 105 inch per instructions. Using an analyzer at 10 feet above ground, the best I could get was 5.8 SWR.

The radials on mine where they clamp together with screw clamps were super loose. Tried double clamping with no change. DX Engineering paid for the ride back, and issued a full refund.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.