• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SRA-fc393 is it the same as the Galaxy FC-347

Tricky part is to select the desired IF-frequency offset.

All Galaxy/Connex/RCI type radios use 10.695 MHz for AM mode.

The legal 40-channel 148 radios use 7.800 MHz.

More than a few of the various "Galaxy" branded displays had one or two (or three?) jumpers on the circuit board that served to select which arithmetic would be used to display the channel frequency. Every new internal version would be different in this respect.

Seems to me the answer is "firm maybe" until you obtain the info to set it up for the radio you want to use.

Well I bought one it says on top it works on both 7.8 and 10.695 not sure how wired in the harness to a 148GTL same deal only reads 10 something on the counter the whole counter is on the face of the box don't see any jumper locations EPT210022A on the board that goes around the outer edge of an EPT979F6A board.

Only has one six pin connector not sure how you would select with just that no switch or jumper blocks inside I see.

The jumpers in question are tiny half-circuit foil pads with a line cut between them. Solder bridged across selects one mode, leaving the circuit open across the gap selects another.

The surface mount equivalent of an old school jumper with pins.

I have completely lost track of info we had on one of several versions of the circuit board. Each version has a different setup.

Reactions: Harley3315

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.