• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SS 158EDX amplifier suggestions

I would look at the new TnT line by X-Force, Sparky sells these. Pill for pill you will stomp a hole in a Texas Star, plus they are priced better then Texas Star.

I recently acquired a TS 500 and I already have a TNT HD 600....seems the TNT puts out more power than the TS 500 even though they have the same amount (4) and type (2SC-2879) of transistors? What's up w/that?

Maybe the TS 500 was beat up before you got it?

Sadly that's the case with a lot of used gear which is why I'm reluctant to buy anything other than new or from a retailer unless I can put it on my test gear first.

Paypal has been a saviour more than once when I've paid for stuff that has arrived broken.

I have to agree PayPal is the best way to pay, I once bought a radio that was missing the driver and final and the seller said it worked, then he tried to say that I took the parts out. I sent the radio back, got a full refund even the shipping as soon as the seller signed the postal receipt. Maybe their fees are a little high but it's no different than paying for insurance and it works. I'll attach another pic of an issue I had and got a refund, I didn't even power this one up knowing the board had to be broken, didn't want to do any damage to the parts that might still be ok.

Attachments

• delta force damage1.jpg
    delta force damage1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
amp forSS158 radio

I have the superstar SS158 EDX radio I use as a base and run a fatboy 4 pill 1445 pill base amp and the radio smokes using a 5 watt am dead key.
Headjammer said it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.