• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SS3900

Sure you can, if you really need it there is even a 2290 final mod for that radio. In either case though unless you can do the work yourself it's not very cost effective. You want watts per dollar not dollars per watt.

For the money spent it's not worth adding a final. There are so many new radio's out that have so much more power anyway, sell it and get a different radio. The 3900 comes in a dual final version.

As far as the 2290 mod, you will just have to e-mail or PM the techs on the forum and see if they will help you. Again though, it's such an odd modification that it would cost a bunch. Then you might be three states away and have a problem, so you take it to a shop on the way and they have no clue how to fix it because they don't jnow what and how it was done.

Heck this lower powered radio would work well with that 3 pill base amp your looking for so why mess woth it?

bigred222 said:
lords said:
bigred222 said:
i hear ya man. I got this melaka to mess with now. HEHEHE. Its a signal final radio and gets out pretty good.

you can mod that galaxy with a ELK and it sounds nicer :p
Is it just a remove and replace kinda mod???
i think i could get my hands on one of those. how much different does it make?

yep. pretty much just a remove and replace kinda mod
no tuning after words just set the carrier and won't have to worry about the bias after that it is set with the parts you put in :)
3 parts to install.....
3 parts to remove :)
1pc ERF-2030
1pc EN-369FN
1pc 33K ohm, 1/4 Watt Resistor
1pc Heat shrink tubing
Thermal Grease

I was getting around 30-35 with it clipped but then put the limiter back in ...remember the power supply has a limit :)
but works good ...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.