• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SSTV anyone?

darklife

Modulating Madness
Apr 8, 2013
US
www.darkliferadio.proboards.com
Was thinking about freebanding on 27.700 with SSTV images to see if anyone logs it but not sure if that
is even popular in the US?
I hang on the channel sometimes but rarely hear anything except LSB voice chatter.
Also not real sure if 30 watts SSB into a A99 clone antenna is even worth the shot in the dark?

Do people mostly use USB or LSB on that frequency and what mode for SSTV and should I calibrate my transmit frequency?
I have an Anytone 5555n so the TX clarifier can be changed but I assume I should only ever mess with
the RX clarifier.

Made a nice control box for the quad 5n here so I can connect my computer or other external audio source...

Plan on plugging in my laptop and having a go with QSSTV on linux and send out some images when skip is good.

It's not SSTV but I just hooked up a PC to my radio and made a contact on 27.635 USB with ROS for the first time five minutes ago.

Reactions: codecxbox
I have sent a few sstv signals in response to another distant local station. The only thing about this distant station is that he sends undesirable images about another person about a mile from me. I guess they don't get along well. It's still neat to hear these signals. I just use my phone and an app to see the images sent over the air. Channel 19 is where I hear them.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.