• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stalker XX on 10m

seekyou

Apr 30, 2015
Hello and nice to say hello to all!

Can anyone help please?
I have just got hold of a superb Stalker XX in great condition. After some fault finding I finally got it to TX and it works very well. I an considering using it on 10m. I have searched for mods and there’s a guy in Switzerland who says he just put pin 10 on the 8719 down to deck. Others say its best to change the 11MHZ crystal etc. Has anyone any experience of thoughts please?
Many thanks
Pete

Hello and nice to say hello to all!

Can anyone help please?
I have just got hold of a superb Stalker XX in great condition. After some fault finding I finally got it to TX and it works very well. I an considering using it on 10m. I have searched for mods and there’s a guy in Switzerland who says he just put pin 10 on the 8719 down to deck. Others say its best to change the 11MHZ crystal etc. Has anyone any experience of thoughts please?
Many thanks
Pete

Should I have put this in the Amateur radio thread?

Should I have put this in the Amateur radio thread?

Well Ive sorted it! Put Pin10 Down to deck with a switch. PLL wouldnt lock at first so a quick twiddle PLL osc transformer and now works on all channels. Interesting. Can go up to 28.495 now.

Reactions: TonyV225
That is really cool!!! I wonder if the GE Super Base will do that aswell/ Im not into CB Radios but Those GE Super Base sound outstandin g with the stock microphone with theb radios built in speach compressor or processor and tyhey in my opinion are the best sounding CB radios as they have that audio punch on SSB that my HF Rigs have its just a great SSB radio and I often thin k about getting one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?