• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

starduster mk2

bob85

Supporting Member
Mar 30, 2005
england
whats the story behind this antenna?
i owned one 24 years ago, we mention them on here and today the guy i sold it to who i had not heared for years shouted me on the radio asking if i wanted it back as he had put a fiberglass antenna up and it was just in his way he thought i should have it back, no idea what shape its in but i will go pick it up, does anybody have some history or info on what its supposed to be with its loops and coils, i also had the standard starduster and skylab but where does the mk2 fit into the picture, who made them:?:

bob, I don't know about the Mk2 of which you speak, but I have seen a picture of what was called an M800 at one time. It looked like a SD'r, but it had those little three prong things like on the stinger all over the Ground Plane elements also. I did not see an details on it, but it looked weird is all I saw. Sorry I did not capture the graphic.

What does this Mk2 look like?

i will take a pic when i pick it up, from memory it had a shorter radiator than the regular starduster with a double loop and i think the legs had small open coils part way down, i only ever saw that one and its 24 years ago lol.

i picked it up yesterday, it is in poor shape, it does have a shortened radiator with some bifilar looking loop, the old guy also told me that the coils in the legs have internal capacitors forming a parallel tuned circuit as he had to replace one that went short years ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.