• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

still looking for a picture of a Expo Expander N Kit picture

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I have an Expo Expander N Kit channel expantion Kit board and the green wire fell came off the board its a wire that wors with the clarifier and Im not sure where it goes so a picture would be a great help and it would be super if someone could help me out here ;) Thanks........Tony

Dug through the closet and pulled the cover off the old Trc 465. Looks like the green wire runs from the center connection on the back of the clarifier and ties to the 2 resistors on the end of the expo board. Hope you can see in the pic...

Attachments

• 20140520_205611-1.jpg
    20140520_205611-1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 29
Thank you so much!! I was looking at it tonight and thats exactly where I thought it went because that is what made the most sense!! It is part of the clarifier that the board has on board and I thought that it made more sense being ithe middle of where the to resistors are tied together on the component side of the board other than off the foild side on either the left or right corner where the Variable resistors are it just made the most sense being right in the middle where the to resistors com off each variable and are tied and soldered together upon looking at it closely thats what made the most sense but now its confirmed ;)

Did you notice or was your clarifier really touchy or squirelly when you did this mod?? I noticed on a radio I installed this in that the clarifier had to be turned slowly because it took a second for frequency to catch up to the knob adjustments LOL!! It was kinda crazy but yet worked great and didnt drift that I noticed. Thanks again for the comfirmation pic I really appreciate it.

No problem Tony. I haven't had mine hooked up for quite a while but I don't remember the clarifier being squirrelly and I know drift wasn't an issue. If my memory is correct, the radio was pretty much dead on freq with knob at 12oclock. It did however slide further one way than the other. I can't remember if it slid further above or below channel.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.