• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STONER 683 SHACK

STONER 683

Jan 5, 2013
My collection of 11 Meter rigs.

Attachments

• 11 meter rigs 001.JPG
    11 meter rigs 001.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 11 meter rigs 2 001.JPG
    11 meter rigs 2 001.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 11 meter rigs 2 003.JPG
    11 meter rigs 2 003.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 258
  • 11 meter rigs 2 002.JPG
    11 meter rigs 2 002.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 274
  • rigs 3 001.JPG
    rigs 3 001.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 262
  • rigs 3 002.JPG
    rigs 3 002.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 250
  • rigs 3 003.JPG
    rigs 3 003.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 252
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: 3 people

Impressive !!

Is that a Turner Plus 2 Desk Power mike i see there ?

But curious...
What antenna(s) do you use for 11 meters?

Turner

No it looks like a turner pluse 2 but its the turner 454x unamplified. I use that on the stoner from time to time. Stoners don't care much for an amplified mic because of the built in mic amp.As for the antenna, we use the Imax 2000.Works very well on 10 meters as well as 20,17,15,and 12.So if you want one antenna that cover most bands thats the one.Thank for the thumbs up on the shack..DAVE:bdh:

Very nice shack, Dave. You've got some of the best rigs out there, all in one spot! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Is the Console II a 40 channel rig?

RT307

Console II

No , The SBE is a 23 SSB..I want to get a VFO for it so I can run 36 though 40 with it but right now I have no RF on SSB. I had worked on it a bit awhile back but haven't found the problem yet. Thanks for the positive comments on the shack..DAVE;)

No , The SBE is a 23 SSB..I want to get a VFO for it so I can run 36 though 40 with it but right now I have no RF on SSB. I had worked on it a bit awhile back but haven't found the problem yet. Thanks for the positive comments on the shack..DAVE;)

Cool. I think there was a mod for them years ago that took them to 40 channels via a factory mod and new channel selector. Could be mistaken though!

RT307

SBE

I think I could just pop out a cystal and get it to the upper 4 but I haven't messed with it for awhile now.I love my washington on SSB to be honest. If they are set up right they are one of the best SSB rigs out there man!I had just done a complete alignment on the washington 2 weeks ago and on SSB it's every bit as good as the 2000 GTL.But, it is the same board for the most part. The 2000 just has a dual conversion on AM.Which means on SSB its the same rig.<gotproof>

I think I could just pop out a cystal and get it to the upper 4 but I haven't messed with it for awhile now.I love my washington on SSB to be honest. If they are set up right they are one of the best SSB rigs out there man!I had just done a complete alignment on the washington 2 weeks ago and on SSB it's every bit as good as the 2000 GTL.But, it is the same board for the most part. The 2000 just has a dual conversion on AM.Which means on SSB its the same rig.<gotproof>

I'll tell you, I have talked to guys on DX that were running Washington's, and mistakenly thought they were on a ham rig. You are right, set up correctly they are a great rig. I have a similar fondness for my old 139XLR base... it gets compliments on SSB even with a RK-56 mic. I love the built in compression on that radio, and the receiver is very sensitive and stable. I too have a 2000, but prefer the 139XLR over it!

Thanks again for posting up pics of your shack.... great stuff there!

RT307

139XLR

Funny you mention the 139XLR. I have a good friend that I talk to everyday that also plays around with the old 11 meter rigs and he had just got a 139 XLR not to long ago. He went though it pretty good and gave it a tune up and he loves it. I like the way it sounds myself.Very good strong audio and very sharp.That one has the 858 board in it. And they seem to work as well as the 8719's...Great rigs man!.. I have an old cam 89 here as well although its not a SSB rig, the audio on that thing on AM is insain lol..They didn't put limiters in them back then and that was a good thing.Great AM rig as well.(y)

Reactions: 1 person
Nice colection, I miss my old washington. I bought it new and sold it to move up to a Galaxy Saturn years ago. and still think of buying one. Sold the Saturn don't miss that radio.

Yeah Grogan, Those Washingtons where alot better radios then they were givin credit for back in the day. I thinik back then, including myself, it was all about how neat a radio looked more so then how it worked. The Washington,although not a bad looking rig just didn't have all the bells and whistles that some of the rigs did back then. You gotta look under the hood man! lol:oops:...It's a sleeper

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.