• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

striker 955?

longhaireddwb

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I ve been thinking about gettng one of these radios but havent herd anything about them from a users standpoint. Says 70+ watts and some kind of final ive never herd of.
Wondering what i could get out of this radio after a good tune-up?
Any coments out there on this rig or these finals?

Overpriced is kinda what i was thinking too but wanted to hear it from others. I,ll search the forum for some threads on thiys rig and see what i find. On a www search all i could find was new sales of the radio.

The 955 will do 70+ watts, and they sound really good on AM and SSB. If you like to be able to tune easily in different increments though it can be really annoying.

I thought it was a pretty good radio but I found it a bit cumbersome to use compared to something like a 2950DX, CRE 8900, Omegaforce S-45, or Optima.

It did have excellent SSB stability and I got good reports but I ended up getting rid of the one I had as it was overpriced for what you get.

For less money you can get a radio that will perform equally as well on SSB, and you can always add a echo mike or board if you need those features.

THE KEY before you buy is really to think about what you want out of a radio. Maybe make a list of all the things that are most important to you and then people can make some suggestions.

i am looking for a 10m / cb for my oh sh*t kit. i like the idea of having a single radio to cover cb bands, and 10m for emergency communications.
i am limited by licence to a small part of the 10m band in normal times, so i don't need something that will do much more hf than that.
what i want out of the radio is (as best as i have come up with, it is the second radio on my list to get for my kit, and not going to be purchased soon)
i prefer to be able to program memory with a computer.
needs to have cb ssb.
i don't want huge output (too much drain on a battery system)
size / weight isn't a concern, as it will be with other gear.

Personally I use a RCI 2950 for a similar setup as you are referring to, but you would have to live without the computer programming.
Maybe you should consider the CRE 8900 or one of its many clones.

I ve been thinking about gettng one of these radios but havent herd anything about them from a users standpoint. Says 70+ watts and some kind of final ive never herd of.
Wondering what i could get out of this radio after a good tune-up?
Any coments out there on this rig or these finals?

Hi, I'm new here and don't have the knowledge of a lot of folks on this forum, but I have been playing with CB/Export radios in big trucks for over 40 years and I know what I like. I've had a 955 for about 3 weeks now, and so far I think it's great. I listen to any radio I run in the truck 24 hours a day all week long. My impression is the radio hears very well and the 'white noise' is really not much greater than others I use. As far as 'being too expensive' for what you get, I have bought new and still have and use; 4 different Galaxy's, a Magnum and a President, all in the $400 range. So, in my case anyway the Stryker's are in the ball park. The 955 I have does about 80 watts peak from either a 2 watt or a 15 watt dead key. Buy the way, CBradiomagazine dude you do very good job with your reviews and influenced me to buy the radio

Funny how somebody says it is over priced but the CRE 8900 is way more than 100 dollars more than an Anytone 5555 doing the same thing, same kind of program etc. it all has to do with what you like. I had a Stryker 955 to test for about 2 weeks and loved it. If you look around you get can one in the 350 range but again is that worth 150 dollars more than a Anytone 5555?? You can buy a 200 watt amp to do more if needed. My Anytone does just 50 watts in my mobile on SSB and anybody I hear I can talk to so why is anymore power needed?? We have to get this high output is not needed on SSB across the board. If I can talk to Europe on 50 watts on 11 meters why spend more??

I have one, it sounds and performs outstanding in my opinion, and from what others say I sound like.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.