• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker 655 v3

bluecurt63

Jun 17, 2014
does anybody know how to convert to 11 meters. i just bought 2 . ive had them before and just cut white wire, these dont have wire.

Reactions: Rwb

I wish I knew how to buy a 955 V2 that just has the white wire to clip. I want to buy a new and unaltered one, but I can't solder. The only local CB shop (Longview Texas) wants $648.00 for a $419.00 chickenbander trucker radio.

I wish I knew how to buy a 955 V2 that just has the white wire to clip. I want to buy a new and unaltered one, but I can't solder. The only local CB shop (Longview Texas) wants $648.00 for a $419.00 chickenbander trucker radio.
You probably won't find any like that. These "Export" radio's walk a fine line with the FCC. From time to time the FCC puts their foot down and tells the manufacturer their radio's are too easy to convert. They then make it so you must have some know how and soldering skills. Combine that with surface mount boards and it's a major problem to the average joe. Years ago Magnum radio's had con ports 1-3, all you did was plug a plastic peg into a different port to go from 10m only, 11m only, or full 12 band coverage.

Best bet on a new Stryker 955 is check on line cb shops. Most will sell the radio for around 429 and then charge 45 bucks er so to do the conversion/tune. Just pick a shop that does good work and your fine for way less then 648 bucks.

Reactions: Rwb and Lee Renfro
Thanks. I'll look at BobsCB. I've heard the 955 V2 is dead on freq usually right out of the box. I'm not looking for a peaked and ruined unit, just a good, reliable radio that I can use in my log truck during the day (sometimes I've got to shout 5 miles down a 1 lane pig-trail to let anyone whose coming out that "I'M COMING IN"...lolol. BUT, after hours, I'd love to play on sideband and am even considering getting a power supply and running a coax out to a 102" whip or similar.

The 955 V2 checks all of my boxes as opposed to an AT Q6 or other unit.

I've always loved cb, radio in general, but only have a Cobra 29, and also have a SDS 200 scanner that's always on here at the house. It's time to have fun with it now, but it's just crappy for these shops to charge about $220 to convert a 955 V2 and maybe change some parameters in the menu, then claim its blasting over 100 watts. Dude didn't offer to show me on a meter or scope though...lol

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll look at BobsCB. I've heard the 955 V2 is dead on freq usually right out of the box. I'm not looking for a peaked and ruined unit, just a good, reliable radio that I can use in my log truck during the day (sometimes I've got to shout 5 miles down a 1 lane pig-trail to let anyone whose coming out that "I'M COMING IN"...lolol. BUT, after hours, I'd love to play on sideband and am even considering getting a power supply and running a coax out to a 102" whip or similar.

I've always loved cb, radio in general, but only have a Cobra 29, and also have a SDS 200 scanner that's always on here at the house. It's time to have fun with it now, but it's just crappy for these shops to charge about $220 to convert a 955 V2 and maybe change some parameters in the menu, then claim its blasting over 100 watts. Dude didn't offer to show me on a meter or scope though...lol
i bought my 955 from bells cb in florida for 460. he even sent me a video of him tuning my radio show output

Now that I know them I can convert and set them up for proper DK and PEP in about 20 min. to 1/2 hour. Of course, this is assuming they're working and on freq out of the box. When I'm DXing, I NEVER fail to get unsolicited accolades on my Fantastic audio. Nearly everyone mentions how loud and clean my audio is. It's not my doing. Stryker makes it easy with a solid performer. I just know where to set the menu items.

if you want to really get out at home greg t and i both say buy a sirio 2008 antenna for base operation

Reactions: Greg T

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.