• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 power meter?

Mines in the mobile, so the max I see is 14.4 VDC down to 11.5 vdc when I key up, and I've been on just a the battery for a couple of hours.

I don't think I would lose any sleep over 1/10 of a volt.

I run a trickle charger on my pickup when I'm parked in my driveway. I know it's Ghetto but HEY it works. My truck guzzles gas just idling. It's what I call my Redneck Hillbilly Cb/Ham shack. Ha Ha. :w00t:

mine works

mine works fine the power meter just fluctuates mid band or around on dead key.For example on channel 1 my power meter on radio reads dead key 18 then on channel 20 it fluctuates from 20 to 30 on the dead key and then on channel 40 it shows 40 dead key thats with power all the way up.My swr on channel 1 acording to the rado is 4 bars but on outboard meter it read a 1.1:5 then on channel 20 it reads flat on outboard meter and 1 bar on the radio and then channel 40 1.0:5 on outboard meter and 1 bar on the radio.Radio works 100% and when i have the outboard meter hooked up "just swr meter" dont have a power meter to use.The dead key on all channels reads 40.It might be reflection due to a tv antenna about 12 feet from my radio antenna.You guys probably have a flat match across the band.I used to have that.I got a power meter coming to test it this week so i will keep everyone updated.I keep the radio set to 10 dead key and it never fluctuates and the radio stays cool.I also see on the meter i get just as much pep.If i do a 2 dead key it will only swing about 30 on ssb.The radio gets nothing but good reports.I have never had that satisfaction.
I’ve noticed the same thing on my Stryker sometimes when I dead key. The power meter does fluctuate for a little bit then it calms down. But then again I never think any radios in my truck are working properly lol!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.