• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 software works

Hiliter

Aug 23, 2012
I got my radio to connect with my pc that is running vista. It didn't want to work on com4 so I changed it to com5 in device manager and it worked. Can someone that was having trouble try this and confirm?

I could not for the life of me get the Stryker 955 to connect with multiple computers. I'm so stinkin' fed up. Had a computer expert try to connect it on an XP and two Win 7 machines. Stryker will not return calls in reference to this issue so we are on our own. The software and drivers are Chinese third party.

Here's the deal. Software only comes with drivers for the Win 7 (32) bit machines. Appears not work yet on Windows 7 machines runnin' 64 bit operating system. Other reasons for inability to connect are due to laptops with out any real Com ports...ie: printer port or serial so since there are no real ports the device manager can not emulate them. Only USB ports and the software needs to have a port number selected (that's even if you can get it display any in the software dialog box at all) so my machines will not show any com ports to change to "5" :headbang

I can't believe they would issue a new radio and not check to see if it's compatible with 50% of the computers out there that are laptops without com ports and all other machines runnin' 64 bit. Come in Stryker ...do you read? Requesting a new set of 64 bit drivers for laptops without COM ports... over

PLLLLease, If you can steer me in the right direction to get the software working I will give the Stryker 955 (5) Stars, until then it only gets 4 in my book.

Just saw the other long general thread on the 955.

Hiliter, are you running Windows Vista 32 bit and is your computer a tower style or laptop with or without printer and/ or serial COM ports? Did you get a new software release sent to you?

Sucks to see I'm not the only one. We need to keep leaning on them to get a new software release that works or we could always send them back.

Wonder if the CRE 8900 folks are having the same non-connectivity problems as it appears to be very similar software.

Everyone I know with the CRE 8900 has been able to get the software to work and same thing with the Alpha Max. That's one of the reasons I was surprised by the problems with the Stryker 955 software.

I have had two people email me and say they got it to work but I've also had 10 others who say they can't.

Heads up- Stryker says I need the Factory Supplied USB cable that was absent from my packaging in order for the SR 955 radio to connect to a PC. They're sending one out.

Were ya'll able to get this issue resolved? I've been looking at the Stryker 955 and the CRE 8900 but think I'm leaning towards the CRE due to the Stryker issues. I also don't like the disco clown looks of the Stryker but would buy it if it's a better performer.

Heads up- Stryker says I need the Factory Supplied USB cable that was absent from my packaging in order for the SR 955 radio to connect to a PC. They're sending one out.

Is there something unique about this cable they are sending you? I thought a USB cable was a USB cable.

RT307

Follow-up: Problem solved. Received the Stryker 955 USB cable in short order from the factory and now it is working. The radio and Win 7 64 bit laptop are communicating properly.

The Keyersun brand USB cable does appear to have a "dongle" built in to the PC side, so no other USB cable will communicate. There must be some proprietary circuitry in that large end of the factory USB cable. I guess the "Universal" part of USB only relates to the fact that the cable exists in this universe :glare:

Now I can finally generate my custom 14 tone roger beep :whistle:

got my 955 and today I tried to hook it to the computer. I checked the device manager on computer and it has a Com 1 communication port. I DL the software from Styker. Installed the other software being I have XP. Connected the radio to the computer via the usb cable that came with the radio and with the program open I then turned on the radio and it just wont talk to each other.

Any Ideas? I've read all the info I can find on this but still nothing.

Anyone?
I'm checking for updates now.

I never could get mine to work, and my install sounds about exactly like yours. XP, driver installed... still couldn't find it. Good luck!

RT307

Got it working today. What a pain in the backside!!!

I'm not big on computers so it was a chore for me. This is how I got it going so maybe this might help someone else...

DL the software from the website.

I tried to set this software up with my XP computer but didn't have any luck. And I did the "USBtoCOMMPORToption" that is for other than Vista or Windows 7. And I couldn't get it to work at all. I used the wife's Vista laptop and got it to work.

After you DL the software you got to unzip it. Install. Open the proper choice on the program for the operating system you have (vista, 7 or other). These are your only choices.

Then it will load the right version of the software. I then plugged in the radio with the USB cable that came with the radio and turned radio on. Computer found a new device and then located drivers and installed them. Then I had to restart computer for the drivers to take affect.

After restarting I opened the program again and then connected the radio with the USB cable and turned radio on.

At this point I didn't do it this way but I think it would be best. (After I got it all connected I had to start from scratch and input all the freqs. As when I didn't "Read From Radio" FIRST, instead I "sent from Computer"). {Cry_river}

locate the icon "Read From Radio". I'm thinking this will put all the settings on your radio into the program so the program wont be starting from scratch. From there you can change the settings on the program as you want them and then hit the other Icon that "sends from computer" to radio.

Hope this helps someone out there as I'm not good with computers but figured it out after many hours and many smokes!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.