• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

stryker 955 tuning menu

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
has anyone figured out the tuning menu / test mode on the stryker 955,, it looks like you can go in and adjust the frequency like the anytone , cre, and max log radio's in the bfXX mode,,, in the alignment pdf it says :

entering test mode: Hold color to power on

does this mean hold the color button while turning on, tried that and nothing

Attachments

• SR-955HP alignment.pdf
    289.3 KB · Views: 153

Not sure on the sytrker - on the CRE 8900 you hold in the function key while turning the radio on and then hit RB then NB/ANL then DW in order and it takes you into a menu where you can make LSB and USB freq adjustments, although once inside the adjustment system its not what you might expect and if you don't know what you're doing you can easily mess things up permanently. There is very little documentation on the actual factory numbers they use for the settings so be careful.

If you do access the tuning menu make sure to write down all of the settings/numbers before changing anything.

true

its all trial and error if u dont have any kind of counter "radio to test with" i suggest getting 3 friends together and going to work.Took me 45 minutes to dial mine in and im right on the money.Also mine is a at5555

its all trial and error if u dont have any kind of counter "radio to test with" i suggest getting 3 friends together and going to work.Took me 45 minutes to dial mine in and im right on the money.Also mine is a at5555

I have a nice 8 digit freq counter.

mine was almost dead on lsb, within 5-10 hz cold to warm. usb was off just a little, about 50-60 hz. just figured if it was as easy to get set up like the anytone,cre,maxlog radio's id give it a try. just cant figure out how to get into the test menu.

this one may be going back,, noticed the ssb receive audio sounds choppy and distorted,, not right at all. sent an e-mail to the place I bought it from to see what my options are now.

hmm

i have heard alot of good and bad of those radios and for the price tag i think they are not worth it.i have owned alot of radios and as far as reliability my 2950dx3 seems to be holding up best.My galaxy had ground issues my anytone has a weak display forget the new cobras i have never owned a stryker but i had a magnum in the opast they werent to bad i had 2 actually a s3 and a 257

ya, I just purchased it on a whim, lots of places trying to get $400-$500 for the 955,, this seller had them for $350 shipped so I figured id try it. don't really need another radio, maybe I got a bad one. waiting for a reply back to see what they wana do, if the receive ssb audio can be fixed I think it would be a nice radio. the "white noise" really didn't seem too bad if you turned the rf gain back just a little, and it didn't really seem to effect the receive on the weak signals by doing that. seems very stable on ssb and the transmit audio reports were good on am and ssb

i have heard alot of good and bad of those radios and for the price tag i think they are not worth it.i have owned alot of radios and as far as reliability my 2950dx3 seems to be holding up best.My galaxy had ground issues my anytone has a weak display forget the new cobras i have never owned a stryker but i had a magnum in the opast they werent to bad i had 2 actually a s3 and a 257

I don't know what you have heard about the new Stryker 955's, but mine rocks.

I've made more Dx contacts of 3000 miles or more in the past two days than I have in 3 years. On ssb Ch 38 lsb today I was talking to NYC for over five minutes with no drift. Everyone always comments on how good the audio is.

On ten meters (simplex) this evening I talked to a guy in Japan for at least 6 minutes, and I got a 5x7 report. That's 6,000 miles from where I live. That's a barefoot radio putting out about 80 watts, and it's in my pickup truck. He had a giant tower and antenna, and his report from me was the same.

The new Stryker 955 HP is a keeper. Period!

where are you guys buying these strykers at????seems to me that either you get a great one
orone thats just average.mostly in recieve. maybe thereciever section in these dont liked
to be tuned ,or just done wrong .i too have been considering this radio.so post back
where u bought it and how u like it mostly the reciever section

I got mine from Star electronics. I read cb radio magazine's review and was sold.
I got the radio for SSB mostly, and after a couple of days working with it, I finally concluded that there was something wrong with it. High SWR alarm while on SSB.

It worked fine on AM, and the SWR was at 1.1.1-1.3.1. So anyway I had to send it back to the Stryker company not the place I bought it from.

I explained to Shawn the owner, and he said he would fix it . Sent UPS to pick it up and all. He said one of the boards was bad.

Got it back, and it is awesome. Every time I go to my pickup and turn it on I make a contact. I have heard remarks like outstanding audio from many people. I'm just taking their word on it though.

Let me know if you need more info.

got mine off ebay $357 shipped, its at the shop now (Key CB, the only stryker warranty shop in the usa),, ill post info when I get it back. the ssb receive audio sounded overloaded,, choppy, distorted,,

Last edited:
That stinks. I know I waited for my radio to get back from the shop for over two weeks. Hated not having it. I don't know why someone will build a radio that isn't finished, and or tested. a person shouldn't have to send it back out.

All I know is, once you get it back your going to like it. I just made my third contact to Japan in a total of 1 hour. I know I know its the propagation and all, but I'm sitting in my pickup surrounded by 150'-200' redwoods with no amp, and a 10k antenna, and I'm getting some 5x9 and 5x7 reports from Japan. Not to shabby. I look these guys up in QRZ, and their rig is a tower that most small towns couldn't afford. Not to mentioned the radios they have.

Hope it all works out for you. 73

got the 955 back today, I don't know if they even touched it, band and vfo channels same as i left them, none of the knobs / switch's were even moved from where I had them,, wait and see what the receive audio sounds like tonight with the locals, I hope its better! if not someone will be getting a great deal on a radio

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.