• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955

Cahtrina,
I believe what shadetree mechanic is saying is that the range of the fine tune control is not enough to vary the counter/display.

if it's a 6 digit counter, then it shows 100hz changes. it would not be out of the realm of possibility that the RIT doesn't cover a full 100hz.
LC

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
That makes sense however according to the manual this is written.
FinM- This features allows you to select when you want the fine clarifier control to be active. Options are: R which means the fine clarifier will only change the rx frequency, T means the fine clarifier only changes the TX frequency and R&T means it will change both the RX and TX frequency.

That is correct. If selected, both will be clarified.
Fine clarifier adjustments are not displayed. Best setting I have found is the 500 hz position for the fine, and 1000 hz for the course .......

That’s pretty freakin stupid (not with what you said)
Why on earth would you make a radio where when using the coarse adjustment knob you get the actual frequency you just changed it to but not do the same with the fine turner..
Because these radios are made to a price and most are crap. If you are an SSB 11-meter op then either buy an old school SSB CB (not the crap exports) or step up and get a ham rig. If you are an AM op then get an old school Cobra 29.

does anybody know where to find a service manual for the stryker- 955 I have one that the rx is gone only in Am.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.