• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955HP - A picture is worth a thousand words.........

Lkaskel

Aug 4, 2017
So, a local operator asked me if I could look at his radio for him. Now lets be clear, I am a hobbyist at best. The one thing I have going for me is that I was a certified mil-spec soldering person so there's that..... As many of you have experienced, it is rare to get a radio that has not been "touched". In fact, for me, the biggest challenge is trying to figure out what it should look like as opposed to what I get at 1st glance. So this 955HP has been touched. Actually, the operator told me that he had tried to do some things to it and he admitted that he was embarrassed at the damage. I am in no means trying to shame the operator. It just made me go "WOW"!!!! The owner is a really good guy and I am going to do my darn best to get it back in shape for him. Now to the current situation.....

See the attached,

Attachments

• 20211206_200046_resized.jpg
    20211206_200046_resized.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20211206_200123_resized.jpg
    20211206_200123_resized.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 20211206_200052_resized.jpg
    20211206_200052_resized.jpg
    656.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 20211206_200100_resized.jpg
    20211206_200100_resized.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 98

He needs a temperature controlled solder station and a roll of quality solder. That’s obvious. If he is willing to buy whatever you recommend I would give him a few lessons on how to use it as a Christmas gift.

He needs a temperature controlled solder station and a roll of quality solder. That’s obvious. If he is willing to buy whatever you recommend I would give him a few lessons on how to use it as a Christmas gift.
He needs a slap on the wrist and his iron taken away. Good grief lol!

Reactions: sunbulls
Here is how LUCKY I am. I replaced 2 caps, did some major repairs to damaged tracks and pads, removed and correctly reinstalled the 8 volt regulator, cleaned the solder side of the board a ton, re-flowed a bunch of connections, cleaned the solder side again a ton and..... When I turned it on it powered up, received and transmitted. I thought for sure that there was going to be some bad parts or maybe some of my repairs were not on point but no...it worked. YAY!!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.