• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr-655HP HELP PLEASE !!!

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
I have a new stryker sr-655hp on the way and need to find out what vr's to adjust for modulation, am hi power, am low power and how to install a swing kit in this radio. Is the stock mic best for this radio or a power mic. Thanks alot for any info....

Reactions: RT431

They scream right out of the box on stock mic

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

Turn everything hard to the right and if that don't work turn everything hard left. Run all front panel controls wide open that should do it !:oops:
If you don't have a scope,Frequency counter etc. you should buy it from and have it tuned by a teck. This beats having a burned up radio repaired by a teck. :pop:

Im just talking about turning up the modulation on the radio. All radios come with the modulation choked off to nothing. I also want to set the hi and low power thats it folks nothing special........

AM Modulation Adjustments are W10 (AM ANL) & W501 (AM Mod) Both need to be adjusted to
obtain maximum modulation.
AM High Power Carrier: W11
AM Low Power Carrier: W1
Gently spreading L15, L16, L17, L20 & L31 will also help increase peak power.

This is what cbtricks says to do but I don't understand the W10 (am anl) adjustment. All I have ever do is turn up the modulation pot.

I have a new stryker sr-655hp on the way and need to find out what vr's to adjust for modulation, am hi power, am low power and how to install a swing kit in this radio. Is the stock mic best for this radio or a power mic. Thanks alot for any info....

Most quality radio shops will properly convert, tune & align the radio as part of the sale or for a small fee. This way you get the radio done right the first time shipped once to your door.

Where did you buy the radio from? You do realize that out of the box that radio will be set for 10m Export operation. It will need a conversion to function on 11m.

Yes I know it needs converted that is a simple surface mount resistor removal. I don't need a tech as I can manage a pot. What is the problem here with you guys??? This isn't a very hard question and all I keep getting is the run around or go to a tech or some sarcasm.

I don't need a tech as I can manage a pot. What is the problem here with you guys???

You can't set it up properly with just a power SWR meter. But hey if you don't mind sounding like toss and splattering over the 4 channels above and below you then crack on....

Any moron can spin a pot and they usually do it badly which is why repair shops have benches full of rigs people have buggered up.

For your info this radio doesn't need aligned as it is dead on frequency out of the box. All I was asking for here is some info on the pots to adjust but forget it must be to tough of a question for you guys. I for my answers on cbtricks....

Reactions: WWFRANK
cbtricks says to adjust both AM Modulation Adjustments are W10 (AM ANL) & W501 (AM Mod) Both need to be adjusted to
obtain maximum modulation. I understand the w501 mod pot but what is the w10 am anl pot? Would it need to be turned all the way up also like the am mod pot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?