• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

STRYKER SR-66HP AND RFX-150

I suppose it might be possible but might not be worth the money to do. Bells says it's a 4 final radio that does 70 watts. I see now as I type they offer that as a 165 dollar mod. For me I would rather get an external amplifier but it depends on what you want & need I guess.

I like the idea of it being mounted to the radio instead of a seperate item with another jumper. I just need to know if it will work ok with the stryker 655hp.

I do know the power of my stock radio. It is swinging 60-70 watts and im just needing to know if that is to much power for the rfx-150 board.

I do know the power of my stock radio. It is swinging 60-70 watts and im just needing to know if that is to much power for the rfx-150 board.

Since they offer it as a 165 dollar mod for that radio then yes, they can do it. Obviously they won't just bolt it on and let her rip at 60-70 watts. Part of doing a mod like that would be to re-work the radio by either removing two of the finals or de-tuning the radio. Understand that when they add an RFX-150 to your radio they will modify the final section of the radio.

Reactions: 1 person
The rfx150 does not require modifying the final section if the radio like the rfx75 does. It is essentially an external amplifier that intercepts the rf output at the so239 connection inside the radio just like an external amp does using a coax.

The rfx150 will get VERY hot with the Stryker 666 and 955.

There are a couple ways to install fans on the heat sinc. Purchase the highest air flow 40mm fans and wire them into the amp (not the radio due to noise). I haven't installed any in the last few months but I have done 6 or 7 in the past. The fans go on the back of the heat sinc and you can run 2 bolts through them into the factory threaded holes in that rfx150.

Hopefully you haven't done it yet but from the looks of another posting a month ago, you were looking for 8 bolt transmit you probably already did it.

How's it working? Magnum just recently started shipping the sx350 with. 4 erf7539's in them. The entire heat sinc is the bottom cover. Or I should say, the heat sinc takes the place of you bottom cover of the DX size radio. Just. 5 watt dead key and 40 watts peak heats those suckers up. I can't imagine how hot your rfx150 gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.