• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker sr497hpc off frequency

Cable Guy

Void where prohibited
Dec 29, 2010
West Tennessee
I have this radio on the bench. Vari-key from 1-10 watts, peps to around 50 with good, solid modulation. Channel indicator is dark but readable. It appears the pll may be free running as the output frequency is all over the place in the 30mhz range regardless of band selector and channel. I'm going to check the condition of the pll voltages, see if the channel selector is a cause or symptom. Anyone have the low-down on these as it looks like a remade ranger(rci,galaxy) board with a power amp board. Not exactly but very similar. Am I wrong?

16962518755551981155539080253349.jpg

I have this radio on the bench. Vari-key from 1-10 watts, peps to around 50 with good, solid modulation. Channel indicator is dark but readable. It appears the pll may be free running as the output frequency is all over the place in the 30mhz range regardless of band selector and channel. I'm going to check the condition of the pll voltages, see if the channel selector is a cause or symptom. Anyone have the low-down on these as it looks like a remade ranger(rci,galaxy) board with a power amp board. Not exactly but very similar. Am I wrong?

View attachment 65635
I had a similar issue with a 447hpc2 (different animal all together) and it turned out being the band selector had gone bad.

But what really caught my eye is the "aura" from the beauty of that genuine Toshiba 2sc2290 :love:.
IMG_20231002_091538.gif

Not a common sight these days so that Stryker deserves a second chance at life.

Reactions: Cable Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.