• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker SR955 HP Views so far??

Well, a local Stryker fan has offered to take it off my hands. Glad to be rid of it.

Noisy ass thing.

RonSimmonsDamn_zps0e895c11.jpg

They do drift, just about everything does to some degree. The 2950's and 70's will drift about 30Hz over and hour of use at room temp. But that isn't anything to write home about, Still pretty good.

Has anyone tested this with the Stryker?

Thats funny my 2950dx and 2970dx have never drifted at all.........

Thats funny my 2950dx and 2970dx have never drifted at all.........

No, it isn't funny, and yes they do. It is just a matter of how much. Just because you don't notice it by ear dosent mean it does not drift. You won't even see a 30Hz change on your standard 6 digit frequency counter. Strap a 7 or 8 digit frequency counter to one and see for yourself. Is it worth mentioning....No of course not. But then again it was said they do not drift.

they all drift up to 30Hz..

I am noticing some white noise I turned the NB and the HiCut filter on and it seemed to help most of it. Preliminarily no noticeable drift to the ear and sensitivity seems to be great.

No, it isn't funny, and yes they do. It is just a matter of how much. Just because you don't notice it by ear dosent mean it does not drift. You won't even see a 30Hz change on your standard 6 digit frequency counter. Strap a 7 or 8 digit frequency counter to one and see for yourself. Is it worth mentioning....No of course not. But then again it was said they do not drift.

they all drift up to 30Hz..

Yeah well I guess thst why they make a clarifer on the radio!!

Stryker SR955 HP Views so far

Thanks for all the replies so far. I decided to let the thread run to see how many viewpoints came across and it appears that some are happy with it and some are not. I watched some videos on u-tube and I thought that it looked good and could like most new radios today be programmed for individual tastes. It'll be interesting to see if in a years time wheather or not they become as popular as say the Magnum S45 HP or the Yeticom Optima. If it works out that there are no issuses and that it performs well then maybe I'll pull the trigger and get one myself funds permitting..... So many nice radios...... So little funds to play around with these days...., and soon the Anytone6666 mmmmmm

I've purchased quite a few varieties of exports lately. Spent a great deal of cash as well.

The 955 left my house quicker than any of them. Overpriced eye candy.

Out of all my available choices in the shack (export wise) I keep reaching for my Optima MKIII.

It's that good.

Reactions: 2 people
The Stryker had great audio on AM and SSB and good output. The receive was good but was a little noisy and turning down the RF gain slightly can help that.

My biggest complaint was how the tuning increments worked and overall the radio just wasn't as easy to use for SSB as a 2950DX or the CRE 8900 or Optima etc.

That was the main reason I got rid of the test version so quickly, as a SSB radio I felt it just didn't meet the needs of the serious SSB operator. But that being said there are plenty of people who are happy with them.

I've purchased quite a few varieties of exports lately. Spent a great deal of cash as well.

The 955 left my house quicker than any of them. Overpriced eye candy.

Out of all my available choices in the shack (export wise) I keep reaching for my Optima MKIII.

It's that good

I could not agree more! I love mine. I too, have tried many, many exports and 10M radios, and find the Optima perfect for my needs. I find it a perfect "dual-use" radio for both 10 and 11M. It is superb on 10, and more than adequate on 11.

Stryker/////

Tuning Steps - This radio nailed the "export market user" so well in so many areas but in one area they missed the boat and this was the tuning. For someone who uses their exports radios for a lot of 10 meter use I found this radio a bit difficult for use. To access the tuning steps you have to go into the menu using the function button and then set the steps for tuning and then leave the menu mode. The 2950DX, Omegaforce and CRE 8900 are much easier to use in this respect. With those other radios you can easily change the tuning steps quickly from the face of the radio with the push of a button or a knob and I found myself missing that option during operation of the Stryker. It also lacks the easy split operation of the 2950DX.

Oversensitive Receive - While the receive on this radio is excellent is also has some of the same issues the CRE 8900 and Alpha Max have regarding receivers that pick up a lot of extra noise. You'll find yourself running the radio with the RF gain turned down and in the city or areas with lots of electrical noise you'll find the problem even worse. Bleedover is also an issue with these radios so you may find problems with nearby AM'ers bleeding through on SSB. I think if you live in a city or drive through a downtown everyday it's definitely something to consider.
If you drop it or it breaks it is smt .You throw it away.
:thumbdown:

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.