• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Suggestion on 1KW 2m amplifier

M2 is supposed to be a very nice 2m legal limit amp. Couple that with one of their huge 2m yagi arrays and you would have one powerful 2m station.
C'mon, finish the sentence... and you would have one powerful 2m station, suitable for local repeater use in So. Cal...

We've got guys out here running a KW through 26B2's to "work" high elevation repeaters 15 miles away. Our own Moleculo is actually known as the "power pig" on one of the local machines, but what the users there don't realize is that he's on 5-10W through one hell of a beam.

BTW, the weapon of choice for the above application is the M2, followed by the 800w Henry.

How about even higher power? Each module produces 1kW output. I'm going with at least two on 144MHz. Above that and I have to build a combiner.

bfla.jpg

The Commanders are Very nice & dependable as are the M2 amps.Those would be my choices for 2 meters & for working Meteor Scatter or EME a Kilowatt is perfect on 2 & 6 meters! Best wishes & don't know where you are but maybe we can work you from here in North Florida(EM80)on Tropo or e-skip?

I really enjoy 6m...We may have already worked from EM79
Even though I still have only 100w, having the 5 element LFA at 45 ft sure makes a difference.
All the Best
Gary
The Commanders are Very nice & dependable as are the M2 amps.Those would be my choices for 2 meters & for working Meteor Scatter or EME a Kilowatt is perfect on 2 & 6 meters! Best wishes & don't know where you are but maybe we can work you from here in North Florida(EM80)on Tropo or e-skip?

I have another 8-module wide frame available Garth. It will fit a 24 inch rack or cut it down to 6-modules for a 19 in ch rack. There is another full power supply frame, about 30 amplifier modules, and a second 19 inch rack too.
You too could own your very own BFLA...

I have another 8-module wide frame available Garth. It will fit a 24 inch rack or cut it down to 6-modules for a 19 in ch rack. There is another full power supply frame, about 30 amplifier modules, and a second 19 inch rack too.
You too could own your very own BFLA...

Could you just stop telling me that .....please. LOL Oh boy....if only I didn't have the money going out the window like I do right now. Besides the recent two vehicles purchases in the last two years, the heat pump, the trailer, the trip etc I have two kids about to get their drivers licenses which means crazy insurance rates too. Maybe I could come over again soon just so I could reach out and touch it one more time. :LOL:

That's exactly tbe kind needed. I have one of those exact PSU's for my module. Warren has several for his. I got mine for about $85 delivered and shipping was more than half the price.

That's the correct power supply. Keep looking and you will see them for $20 plus shipping. If you plan to set up several modules, look for the full frame that will hold six supplies. You can see it at the bottom of the BFLA rack pictured earlier.

There is also a 2kW version of the power supply that will work with a 1kW amplifier. It is 1RU tall.

eBay item #131280712025

CK/Warren: Is this the type of PS required to run one of those KW 6 meter modules?
Thanks
All the Best
Gary

Last edited by a moderator:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.