• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Super Loop UHF Beams Co-Phased Array

Monkee

Jan 4, 2013
{Moved to Amateur Radio Antenna Section to allow greater participation in thread -Moleculo}

Hello Gents:

Here is the long awaited Super Loops UHF Co-Phased Beams with full specs. Can't wait until I pump couple kw into this setup, need to see if I can contact E.T.

Henry (k9kao)

Attachments

• Super Loop UHF Co-Phased.jpg
    Super Loop UHF Co-Phased.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 480
  • Super Loop UHF Co-Phased Side View.jpg
    Super Loop UHF Co-Phased Side View.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 10-ele 445MHz Plot-1 (2).jpg
    10-ele 445MHz Plot-1 (2).jpg
    167 KB · Views: 258
  • 10-ele 445MHz Plot-2 (2).jpg
    10-ele 445MHz Plot-2 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 295
  • 10-ele 445MHz Plot-3 (2).jpg
    10-ele 445MHz Plot-3 (2).jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 302
Reactions: 1 person

Hmmmm... No mas horizontal elements? I wonder if the whole vert/horz polarization motor idea is out the window...

Hmmmm... No mas horizontal elements? I wonder if the whole vert/horz polarization motor idea is out the window...

I guess for those readers that haven't been following the local development of KI6IUJ's "SuperLoop", I should clarify my comment above...

I've had a 2M SuperLoop for over a year now. In fact, it's serial #002. I love it. One of the features is that the driven element is set up to rotate 90 degrees changing the polarization from vertical to horizontal via a remote control. While this can be done with more than one feed point, doing it physically has a number of advantages when it comes to both loss and pattern.

Gregg/IUJ has changed gears on the motor assembly, which required him to make to new housing molds, etc... I was going to post a review on the set-up once all of the bells and whistles were in the air. I still will (Gregg? Motor?) once I finish it up.
superloop.jpg
This is the five element model due to space issues that I have, but his eight element and stacked eight element units are killers.

UHF VHF Contest Season is Almost Here

Hey Henry, I too am looking forward to using a stacked pair. Need that power-divider. I would also like to remind everyone that 446.000 FM simplex is a fun place to test your stations effectiveness. While there is not a lot of traffic there, there are diehard UHF folks lurking, so give it a try. 73 - Gregg aka-SuperLoop

So when are they going to be generally available and what will be the cost? Also, do you have plots and specs for the 2m antenna?

2 meter SuperLoops

2-meter SuperLoops as well as 70 cM SuperLoops are all available. For more info email me at: s9radio@aol.com
Hello,

Attachments

• 2-M SuperLoop SWR.jpg
    2-M SuperLoop SWR.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 2-M SuperLoop Gain.jpg
    2-M SuperLoop Gain.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Polar Plot-2.jpg
    Polar Plot-2.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 286
  • Polar Plot-1.jpg
    Polar Plot-1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 2-M SuperLoop Specs.jpg
    2-M SuperLoop Specs.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 2-M SuperLoop MD Unit.jpg
    2-M SuperLoop MD Unit.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 289
  • 2-M SuperLoop Rainbow.jpg
    2-M SuperLoop Rainbow.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 327
  • 2-M SuperLoop Stacked.jpg
    2-M SuperLoop Stacked.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 318

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated