• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

super penetrator 500

Apr 1, 2015
I just got a new super penetrator 500, after putting it together and installed. I have noticed when it rain's my SWR improves. Has anyone else had this happen with their antennae and if so how to make it stay that way.... Lol

Normal. If you watch the swing you can compensate by shifting your center frequency to minimize the shift or use an antenna tuner to at least protect the exciter.
You tuned your SPT500 for which band?

Have a friend on another forum had the same problem, he tried several different things to prevent that from happening, but he ended up selling his..

Replace the plastic radial plate insulator with about an 8"- 10" piece of gray PVC and use liquid electrical tape to coat the bolt at the base insulator. Also, make certain you have no water getting into your coax through the base connector by using liquid electrical tape/regular electrical tape, and I even sealed around the base of the bottom insulator with liquid electrical tape to prevent water ingress to the top of the SO-239 inside the base.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.