• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

super scanner

well no, I do not believe that the control box is supplying the correct voltages..
on the readings I posted earlier two of the circuits showed "hot" on each light...activating two relays to deaden 2 of the 3 elements...
our readings only agree in the "5 oclock" position...

have you checked your SWR in each of the directional positions?

the readings I have posted are from the control box sitting on my desk controlling the SS I am using at the moment..
I confirmed them on a spare control box I have sitting here also..
so I think that your control box needs to be looked at...or replaced one sold on ebay recently for like $10-$15....

could be that the contacts just need cleaned in yours...
later
sam

talked to a friend in town.he has a buddy that has a super scanner. maybe i can testthe box.but he may not sell.anyway still on confused list, with a 3 way box how do i wire to a 4 contact relay box.have no c on control but have one on relay box.d is ground but only have 2 wires left from control box to connect to a and b but no c.really starting to get to me.mike

hi mike
forget the "c" on the relay box..forget the "C" on the control box....only the very first SS antennas used the "C"...
just run 3 wires A to A , B to B and D to D...
I have two control boxes in front of me one has ABCD and the other has AB_D..
just forget about "C"....
If you could borrow one just to test it out that would be great..
later
sam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.