• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

superstar 3900

Oct 17, 2006
ALBERTA, CANADA
hi i did the roger beep disable mod for my superstar 3900(original old style with channel 9 switch) and i want to use the switch to turn the roger beep on and off). there are 6 wires connected to the channel 9 switch. does anybody know which color of wires i can hook up the switch. heres the mod: thanks..........grasshopper1031

Version 2:
Cut J9 Jumper and leave it open making sure the legs are not touching anything.
This will disable the Roger Beep, I have done it to my radio and works fine.
If one wanted to make it so it could be turned on/off it could be put on the CH9 Switch.

I have to warn you I have no experience with the subject, but it appears you already know what you need to know. Just for clarity here is a picture of the back of a switch. You want channel 9 in permanently off position so that means you must remove all wires from the switch. join a with b. join c with d. and e and f must remain separate. put insulating tape on any ends. then put a wire from one side of J9 to b and a wire from the other side of J9 to e. A warning, I don't know what your switch looks like so you might have to mirror or invert the picture.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.