• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SuperStar 4900B

I wouldnt mess with it!! Those radios are obsolete and if you smaoke it you then have a pretty lookin paper weight. I have one here that was messed up when I got it and nobody I mean NOBODY could fix it.

They say if you leave it alone they will last a long time but even a mic wiring misshap wil destroy it or make it a paper weight.

yes has 12v in pin 6 rewire micwrong burn out cpu thats wat was wrong with mine i bought 2 and replaced mine and she works great just really want talk back in it

if you have the one I found on cbtricks I would leave it alone. all the surface mount components would kill you if you pull the wrong diode for talk back. did not find it listed for talkback. here is the link.

Superstar 4900B

Reactions: 1 person
I wish I could find a CPU for mine its a cool little base radio the A/B antenna switch is nice for my dual polarity beams aswell. I spent a while trying to get it fixed and jaust gave up.

I was then going to buy a new one from a place that still had new ones in stock at the time but got a little gun shy. You are also correct on pin 6 carrying voltage which was the number "1" cause for people destroying these radios.

People seen 6 pin and then said "OHH boy same as RCI!!" they ran and grabbed there mic they had wired for RCI 2950/2970 Galaxy 2527/Saturn Turbo then plugged it into the 4900B and POOF!!!

LMAO, I would turn gay too if i was a ss4900b and somebody plugged a ranger microphone in me.a bit like fitting a superstar handmike to an ft1000,lol.

there must be somebody has the cpu for it in stock, they were big in germany i believe as maycom bs27's, maybe try the big cb shops there. the company that made them maycom, were a very progressive company who listened to user complaints and fixed them in their next batch, a rarity these days, i'd expect there to be a few variations in boards/parts in some.

I'd like to get my hands one that's broke actually. Wouldn't mind seeing what I could do to fix the problems with the processor. I'll go post something in the swap section.

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.