• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Supply chain issues affecting the hobby continues

It was bad enough that American manufacturing went to China. Now our inflation is causing the Americans disposable income to dry up and there is nobody left to buy China's crap the way we did. This is causing the Chinese economy to tank because they are shutting down their factories. We are in for a bumpy ride.

Not lookin good... I think a big part of the problem is that we are no longer the biggest economy (like we were when globalization started), so we are patrolling the oceans with our Navy at a huge loss. There are no new members, no more security policy to write, no further incentive that I know of to keep it going, other than to keep China afloat. That creates a bit of anti-China sentiment. China should be paying us to keep the oceans safe.

When was the last time something on the news was said to unite people for a good cause instead of pointing out a problem and blaming a certain country, race or group? There is nothing "united" about the United States any more. The state of our economy is meaningless if we continue to voluntarily divide ourselves into groups.

A people united in their goals cannot be governed, so the only real goal of a government is to keep that from happening while not making it look like they are. Diseases, wars, droubts, enviromental disasters, power grid attacks, terrorism, all pre-planned. If everything is about global trade, name one global deal that has involved a tangeble trade? There hasn't been one in decades, it's all just policy and promises. Left, right, in the middle, it don't matter. The machine is the problem, and everyone in it shall have absoute eternal job security and unlimited authority as long as they further the machine's purpose ~ to have purpose. It is spreading like a cancer.

Live in the woods, become a prepper, have a garden, raise some animals, own a radio, and NEVER hand over your tools (guns)!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
All is not lost though. Due to the inward looking nature of Communism, China fails to have the global dominance ability of the US. Like history has shown us, Communism is a failure on so many levels. China is attempting to continue its Kabuki Theatre façade, and assumes that nobody can see behind the curtain.

That's very unfortunate news. You might consider a Yaesu rotor. I ran a G800 model for years with no issues until about 2 yrs ago. It was a mid 90s model and had never been touched. The potentiometer final let loose in it.. this was expected since it was starting to act squirrely. This is a future repair project for this summer. It will make a fine spare to have on hand.

I did some tower work for a local friend and received a G1000 Yaesu as payment. It was 20 plus years old but in fantastic shape. I opened it up.. cleaned and re greased it. It has been going strong now for over a year.

Though I might not be the biggest fan of Yaesu radios.. I have had good luck with the rotors..

It's because they are not made by Yaesu.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated