• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Survalence "thing" radio that the FBI uses

chrismoll

Apr 5, 2005
Upstate New York
Hey dudes,
I've always seen the FBI tv shows with the agents that have the coily earpiece and they would speak into there wrist and talk secretly...WHAT IS THAT THING??? DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN GET ON OF THOSE..????thanks..

here...just skip the headphone cord...

X33XIF-1.JPG

thanks for replying and in all...BUT I'M looking for the big dog FBI radio thing where they talk inot their wrsit with the curly wire coming from their ear....I'm going to have to buy a portable Motorola radio for it too....I'm not looking for the "kiddie" watch thing....I'm looking for the BIG DAWG FBI radio thing....THANKS :LOL: :) bcrew for trying to help..

OK...Seems like there a little confushion...SORRY ABOUT THAT...i'm just eager to find one...
Ok....Anybody ever see the tv show "Without a Trace"???they are the FBI and they have the coiled wir earpiece and the wrist thing...THNAKS FOR THE HEPL guys!!!!!!!very fast too....

It's just a ear peice going to the speaker output on a radio that they have clippped to their belts. And its a mic worn on the wrist that may have a VOX on it. Nothing special about it. You can buy speaker mics easily enough.

Yup. HT on their belt, speaker in the ear, (some are custom fitted) and a mic on the wrist (actually it clips on the cuff of your shirt). Because lapel mics look stupid when you're wearing a suit and tie. :LOL:

JR has it correct.The HT is either on the belt or often is in the inside pocket of the suit coat,speaker output fed to the earpiece and the mic clipped to the shirt cuff.Usually there is a PTT button somewhere as well as not all comms are VOX.

Just to let you know Santa, they only have about 1.5 mile range on the watch walkie-talkie, I just go an idea, hook and amp to the radio watch and watch it flame with power and smoke up from overloading... :twisted: :twisted: :p :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.