• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Sweep Tube Amps

Aug 1, 2005
Hey just wondering what some of you guys are replacing your sweep tubes with. I know they are getting harder to come by. Any economical replacements found on the net?
2057s
8950s
6LQ6s
6JB6s
?????

Have you ever heard of putting them in a Maco 200 or 300? Haven't seen a datasheet for these tubes yet...just wondering.

You won't like this so I'll keep it short. Any 'sweep tube' is going to be harder to find. Very few things use them anymore so the market is going to get tighter till it just doesn't pay to make them. Best bet is to quit using them while they haven't disappeared completely so that you can still 'move' that type of amplifier. It's not going to happen tomorrow, but get ready.
- 'Doc

I knew that sweep tubes are getting scarce...just wondering if anyone knew of some economical replacements. Someone on another forum mentioned EL509s and EL519s they are reasonably priced. Just have to do some modifications for them to work.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.