• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Swing kit / cap resitor mod?

Yeah I have limited test equitment. I only have two fluke 1910 and 1911 frequency counters, a tektronix 465 scope, a hp 8640b signal generator, a VU meter, a fluke true rms multimeter and a Bird 43p watt meter.
Didya get a SINAD meter for receive alignments yet? You have got a very decent pick of equipment otherwise.

What I use with my sig gen for receive alignments:
http://www.comtekk.us/sinad.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: wavrider
Dudya get a SINAD meter for receive alignments yet? You have got a very decent pick of equipment otherwise.

What I use with my sig gen for receive alignments:
http://www.comtekk.us/sinad.htm
Yeah I got the program but I had a hard time figuring it out. The needle was really jumpy, I think the hp8640 I had at the time was a little off frequency which caused the needle to jump around. It took purchasing 3 different hp8640b signal generators till I finally got one where everything worked properly. I use the signal generator and a quality Japanese made VU meter to align radios. Then I adjust the receive amp so I'm not inducing extra static. Seems to work out pretty good.

Yeah I got the program but I had a hard time figuring it out. The needle was really jumpy, I think the hp8640 I had at the time was a little off frequency which caused the needle to jump around. It took purchasing 3 different hp8640b signal generators till I finally got one where everything worked properly. I use the signal generator and a quality Japanese made VU meter to align radios. Then I adjust the receive amp so I'm not inducing extra static. Seems to work out pretty good.
A SINAD meter is far better and accurate than a VU meter to discern receiver adjustments. It is digitally deciding what is Signal, Noise, and Distortion; so that the receiver has a real clean, clear, and accurate signal. Something that VU meter could never accomplish. Makes it easier/faster to tune receivers as well - IMO . . .

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,