• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR in Rain?

G

GONO2

Will SWR readings on a moblie go up, down, or be unchanged in the rain?

GONO2.gif

Thanks, Tim

Go Rusty!</p>

Mine do, on the base. I dont know much about it, but my Imax has gone from flat 1/1 to 1/ 3 over the past few days. It has been raining here for a week! Still not bad, but it has changed.

skeetermansig.gif
</p>

Mine in the truck with a Wilson 1000 don't change at all in the rain. My base used to when I had the CLRII up, but not with the I10k.

hollywoodsig.gif

Base:

President Lincoln, AR-3500 (100 watt), KLV 550, Interceptor 10K

Mobile:

Magnum 357, Wilson 1000</p>

I'm told by guys who set SWR's, that they won't do it if the humidity is real high or it has been raining because it gives a false reading. Supposedly the rain will increase the amount of actual grounding that the antenna sees. Atleast that is what I have been told. 73's

Hoosier Camel Jockey

PE777 mobile 27.475lsb

10-10 on the side listening in</p>

If you get water in your coax because of rain, SWRs will definately go up. To prevent this, use Coax Seal or RTV Silicone around the PL-259 connector at the antenna. It probably should be resealed every year, right before the rainy season, as well.

Moleculo

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.