• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR ON A IMAX 2000

"SWR meters make us stupid"

they do when you try to convince people that vswr meters compare transmitter output impedance to whats connected to the antenna side of the meter(y).

SWR

All tremendous and pointful information guys.

However; before winter set in last fall, I was able to get my lazy butt up on the roof and with the help of the wifey & a couple hand helds, was able to adjust my tuning rings. It's been 1.2:1 respectfully ever since. But as Doc mentioned, Meters can be misleading. Doc, as a matter of fact lately, I've actually started to like my Imax. Not such a bad antenna as I first thought when I started this whole ordeal of getting back into Radio. Hey Mack & BOB85! love the 3/4 waves! You're right Booty, Figures never lie. What I actually like about the Imax, is that it's fiberglass & has an air gap for the signal of the main element that is also negative grounded.

Found that out the hard way when I was checking my soldering job on the radio end of my coax's PL259 connector. Just couldn't for the life of me figure out why my ohm meter was telling me that my coax or antenna was shorted out. :LOL:

Yeah, that night at 3:00am up on the top rung of a six foot ladder holding on to my mast at the bottom of the antenna with one hand & testing the antenna's condinuity with my meter in my right hand. I took first place as the worlds biggest fool that night thinking my antenna was shorted out.

Then I took first place trophy again the next day when I ordered another brand new Imax. To this day, it's been sitting up in the rafters of my garage, still in the unopened box.

Have I lost anyone here yet?

:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.