• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

SWR problems

freud

Mar 4, 2006
youngstown ohio
I have a galaxy 919 and lil wil antenna. Had swr checked after install last winter and things have been fine. I recently bought a rat shack swr meter (21-534) and threw it in the car just to check (although I had no problems getting out or other known issues). The rat meter showed 2.8 on ch 40 and <1 on ch 1. The internal meter on the galaxy showed 1.5 on ch 40 and <1 on ch 1. Then, interestingly, with the rat shack meter disconnected - the galaxy meter showed <1 on ch 40 and 1.1 on ch 1. Man am I confused...any help would be appreciated.

"...threw it in the car just to check...".

First, if you're not having problems, don't go looking for them ;) .

Second, if you have a means of determining SWR, you know what the SWR is. If you have TWO of them, you're never going to be sure.

Third, find someone who has a reliable meter. Compare its readings with yours. The built-in meters you find in most radios are not the best "instruments".

Had someone with a good meter check my swr, and turned out the rat shack meter was right on the money. Exactly same reads I had received. Trimmed down the antenna, and now solid across the channels. Thanks for the input!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,