• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile SWR readings vary depending on meter used

I will look at that possibility Thanks
welcome,was a first for me.
I put new end on some coax checked continllity n showd no short but got eradical swr reading,i checked another antenna diffrent coax perfect .
For some reason i tugged on the reducer n it moved.
When i trimmed the barrel nut off it was fine on swr reconnected

Started from scratch and added an extra length of coax jumper from antenna and radio and trimmed whip a little. My Dosy meter which I have used to set up several cb's is reading 1.2 - 1 plus or minus for all channels. I have set up other antennas on vehicles with this meter and never had a problem Always get good reports on signal and audio. The MFJ is going back. Some day when I have some cash to waste I will pick up a high end meter. Thanks for all the suggestions and help, but I will leave well enough alone.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
You can test a vswr meter by calibrating /set then without touching anything uncouple it & connect it backwards, it should read what your vswr is,

then flick the switch to vswr & it should read back on the set mark

if both detector diodes & resistive networks are working as they should,

most meters are a little off but even cheap cb stripline meters are usually pretty close,
if they are not faulty.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.